Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Morning Routines

I really do wish I was more of a morning person. I love sleeping in, and definitely snooze too much in the mornings. Once I'm up and out of bed I'm good to go, but it's the actual getting out of bed part that is hard.


My usual morning routine goes as follows:

  • 7:30am - first alarm. snooze for 15 minutes.
  • 7:45am - get out of bed.
  • 7:45am-8:10am - get changed, do makeup, etc.
  • 8:10-8:30am - make 2 hardboiled eggs, pack snacks and lunch for the workday.
  • 8:35am - leave for work.
I know a lot of people who like to budget time in the mornings to eat breakfast and drink coffee, but I do both of these things in my car as I'm driving to work. That's why I eat hardboiled eggs each morning!

But here's my resolution: I'd like to try waking up a bit earlier to sit and drink my coffee in peace while watching the news or reading a book. I want to read more, and the morning is a perfect time to do so. At night I'm usually finishing up some work or relaxing in bed with Netflix.

I spend most of my day in front of a computer, either doing work for my job, or doing work for my business, so it would do me some good to not be in front of a screen in the morning!

I have tried getting up earlier to work out but it just doesn't work for me. I feel like a zombie and not awake enough to do something strenuous. I have thought about doing yoga in the AM though...perhaps this is something else I will try!

What about you - what is your morning routine?
Are you a morning person?

Make sure to follow us on Twitter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your thoughts and feedback! Please share!